Friday, November 8, 2013

Guide Camp 2.0!

I was asked to come to camp with a group of Guides at the end of October so of course I had to go! I went to their unit a few weeks earlier to teach them how to do a bed roll so I was very impressed to see how well prepared they came to camp!

 
 
 
The sunrise in the morning was absolutely beautiful! It was an excellent start to what was going to be a great day!
 
 
We brought tents so the girls could practice setting them up before they actually have to use them in the spring at district camp. It was quite an experience to watch them try and figure out where the poles go and what to do with the pegs... I quite enjoyed it!
 
 
We did a really cool craft in the afternoon that was a part of their surprise enrolment in the evening. I will have a full blog post up on it soon so stay tuned!
 
 
The fire looked so cool in the evening
 
I decided to be kind of fancy and make a trefoil out of all of the lanterns the girls made and it looked so nice. I loved being outside by myself setting this up and taking pictures. It was a nice way to end Saturday night.
 

Here is my lantern, I was really proud of it and I think it turned out really well!
 
 
This is a genius thing that is a s'mores ice cream cone. It is delicious and it isn't messy which I think is a definite bonus! It is a sugar cone with marshmallows, caramel sauce, and chocolate and it is very tasty!
 
 
We woke up to a winter surprise! I guess it is October in Alberta so what can you expect! :)
 
 
 Camp is so beautiful in all seasons! It is crazy to think that just the day before it was autumn!
 
 
Here is the tree shot that I was talking about in my other Guide camp post... maybe I will compile them all and post them!
 
 
And so begins the many artsy-fartsy pictures of winter!
 


 
Thanks to the Guides for letting me come to camp with you and I hope I get to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment