Monday, September 2, 2013

Back to the Prairies: Whitehorse Day Eight!

Today was our last day in Whitehorse :( 
 
We got up early and lugged our suitcases (mine, significantly heavier than when I arrived) down the stairs and waited for the taxi. 


 

We arrived at the airport and checked in and enjoyed the signs West Jet had out for Discovery Day- their stat holiday. 
 



 
We got on the plane and headed back to Calgary. Again I was on the wing so I got some pretty cool pictures from the sky. 
 

 
I had a bit of a nap and when I woke up I was so confused about where I was and what time it was that I could not believe that we were already landing! 
 
 
 

We got to the ground and headed through the doors where eager parents were waiting to see their awesome travellers. It was a little bit bittersweet for me because I was happy I was home and I was able to see my family, sleep in my own bed, etc. but I was also going to miss my travel buddies! I had such a great time and I am so grateful that I got to go with them! Thanks for letting me join you! 

Thanks for reading all of these posts about my trip and if you ever get the chance to go to Yukon do it!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment