Monday, August 26, 2013

Up, Up and Away: Whitehorse Day One!

Hello! I recently returned from a week long trip to Whitehorse with a Guide group from Calgary and it was so much fun- it all wouldn't fit into one post! I have decided to do one post per day of the day in Whitehorse. I hope you enjoy looking at some of the 2200 pictures I took in a week! 
 
 
The girls were so excited in the Calgary airport! Many of them had never been on an airplane before or traveled far away so you could just feel the energy in the room!
 
 
We could see our luggage being loaded onto the airplane and it was quite a relief to see my purple suitcase on the conveyor belt. :)
 
 
Somehow whenever I am flying I am always within view of the wing. I am not sure why that happens but I love the pictures I get to take from the plane.
 
 
There are some really cool lakes in the Yukon that are green around the edges. We passed one and the tour guide explained why it happened, but I can't remember... oops!
 
 
I am really fond of this picture! I noticed the shadow of the airplane first and then saw that we are over Whitehorse. The more you look at the picture the more things you see like the water and the trees... it is really cool!
 
 
When we got to the hotel we just hung out, unpacked, had a meeting, and relaxed. This is the view from my window... it was so beautiful and brought great promise of what was to come on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment